Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October Happened

Mercy! It's been a while since I posted anything!  I have a post about my current weekly planner in the hopper, but it's waiting for photos.  And a lot of the daily things I could write about get posted in short snippets to my Facebook page.  Maybe I could transition from Facebook to here?  But then I would have to share my blog with my family and friends and so far it's been nice musing to myself (and my Mom and Aunt, hi guys!).

I have been thinking a lot about social media lately as I get ready to try my hand at a real estate career!!! This has been in the works for a while now, My step-father encouraged me to get my license way back in the spring, handing over a stack of bills to pay for the course and license. I took the 63 hour course in September and passed my state exam on October 3rd.  I interviewed a couple brokerages last month and I'm waiting to see if one more broker is recruiting and possibly set an appointment with her this week.  After that, I make a decision about which agency to sign with and start training!

I've always wanted to work in real estate. I've applied and interviewed for admin positions at several firms over the years, but I never thought I would have the opportunity to work as an agent because the start up cost is prohibitive.  Getting the opportunity and support from my family is amazing.  I've always known I would be great at the paperwork end of real estate--bank deadlines are probably pretty similar to court deadlines--but I'm super excited to start building my sales skills.  I've seen how private attorneys build up their businesses by building up a network of past clients and contacts.  I've done the legwork for marketing to that base, as well as assisting with marketing to new prospects, but now I'll be doing all that with my face, and my name, instead of on behalf of someone else.  It's exciting!

~~~

Ok, enough boring work stuff!  I couldn't do an October post without a Halloween picture!

We went to Boo at the Zoo with my cousin, Jacob's, family the week before Halloween.  The boys always have a blast with their cousins, Audrey and Lorelei.  The girls were each born a few months before our boys, so they all pal around in a (loud) pack of humans under 4 feet tall.  As a bonus, Jacob's wife, April, and I get along very well and have extremely cathartic conversations about how weird interesting little kids are.  (Note to self: call April and set up another Mom Date.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment