Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 1 - Fitness Challenge!

Mark and I started a fitness challenge on Sunday.  On Day 1 of the challenge, the program asks you to weigh-in and get some starting measurements.  My starting stats are as follows:

Weight: 218 lbs (!!!!!!!!)
Chest: 47 inches
Waist: 40 inches
Hips: 47 inches
Thigh: 25 inches

We also took some pictures for comparison.  Holy crap, y'all, I'm huge.  My 'before' pictures reveal that I have the body type of a bullfrog.  I asked Mark why he loves a bullfrog.  He was confused.*  You will not get the before pictures unless and until I have crazy good after pictures to show with them.  In the mean time google photos of bullfrogs, imagine them with blonde hair, and squint a little--you will get the idea.

Per the CDC, for my height, "a normal weight range would be from 108 to 145 pounds."  While I have no intention of getting down to 108 lbs (or even 145, for that matter), I suppose the gap between where I am and where I should be (73 POUNDS!) has grown a bit ... excessive.  I'm hoping by the end of 24 days--the duration of the intensive challenge--I'll have built up enough momentum to get me looking less amphibian.

The first day on the challenge I had a migraine in the evening, so I halved the portion of the energy drink we're using, and today (day 3) I feel much better.  I hope to get back out to the jogging track tomorrow so I can see some real progress!

Wish me luck!

*Mark recently changed his phone's text alert so that when I send him a message Hanz, from Frozen, says, "I LOVE CRAZY!"  Mark is mean.  He's not wrong, and I'm glad he has embraced his lot in life, but he's also mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment